Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#324: Broccoli and Corn Scallop


Let me start by saying I didn't love this recipe, but I did LIKE it and would probably give it a second chance and make it again.  In fact, I did save the leftovers and plan to eat it for lunch tomorrow.  I am not a fan of frozen broccoli.  It always ends up that I get a few florets and mainly just stalks/stems which I really do not enjoy eating.  So I bought a box of frozen broccoli and added some fresh chopped broccoli to it too.  I probably should have boiled the broccoli first to pre-cook it but I was lazy and didn't bother. 

2 Tbsp. chopped onions

2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
1 Tbsp. flour
1-1/4 cups milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
12 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup), divided
2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed, drained

Heat oven to 350°F.  Cook and stir onions in 1 Tbsp. butter in saucepan on medium heat 1 min. Blend in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended; cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Add corn and 1/4 cup crumbs; mix well.

Arrange broccoli in 12x8-inch baking dish; top with sauce. Melt remaining butter; mix with remaining crumbs. Sprinkle over ingredients in baking dish.  Bake 30 min. or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment