Friday, July 8, 2011

#311: Crockpot Baked Potatoes


How have I never thought to do this before??  Potatoes in the crockpot!?  LOVE IT!!  I turned this on in the morning, we left to go blueberry picking, and one part of our dinner was done and left to cook all day.  Here's our opinion of it: Great concept, totally will do it again, not cook as long.  :)  These were VERY done.  If you like super soft potatoes, these are for you.  Next time I'm going to try and cook mine for 5 hours max (on low) and see what we think of them.  This was definitely the easiest way to cook potatoes.    And I even forgot to prick my potatoes and I don't think it made much of a difference.  Great, one less step to do in the mornings.  :)

4 baking potatoes
Aluminum foil
Desired toppings (sour cream, green onion, butter, bacon bits, cheese, etc.)

Wash and scrub potatoes until clean. Dry thoroughly. When dry, prick potatoes with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil.  Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment