Saturday, July 9, 2011

#313: Balsamic Beef


I found this recipe in my 300 Calorie Cookbook by Betty Crocker, and it was originally Grilled Balsamic Beef Salad.  There is NO way my family would eat this as a salad, but I figured I'd just make the beef part of the recipe.  This was quite yummy and a very easy marinade to make.  A very summer kind of meal.

1lb boneless beef sirloin steak (1 - 1 1/2 inches thick) (I used boneless tip steak)
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/8 c water
1/2 package italian dressing mix

1/2 tbsp olive oil

In a container mix the dressing ingredients (all except the steak).  Place beef in a shallow dish or heavy-duty Ziplock bag. Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the beef.  Turn to coat.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.  (I marinated ours for about 8 hours).

Grill beef over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade occasionally, until desired doneness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment