Thursday, July 7, 2011

#308: Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo


Stupid name, I know, but I saw this recipe on Food Network's Hungry Girl show and I was super interested in trying it.  So I put the silly name aside and gave this one a chance.  The rest of the family had refrigerated hash browns as there was NO WAY they were going to eat tofu noodles.  And rightfully so.  :(  These were not very good.  I tried, and tried to like these, but the texture was just too much for me to enjoy.  I even put bacon on mine to give it a little texture; it didn't help. Sorry Hungry Girl, I just can't eat these ever again. 

1 package Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute


1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping

1 tsp. fat-free sour cream
Optional: salt and black pepper

Use a strainer to rinse and drain shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute. Dry as thoroughly as possible, using paper towels. Cut noodles up a bit, using kitchen shears or a knife.



Add cheese wedge, grated topping, and sour cream, breaking the cheese wedge into pieces as you add it. Microwave for 1 minute.  Stir well and, if you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment