Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#304: Fruit 'n Juice Squares


Always in search of new jell-o recipes, I came across this recipe which seemed easy and something most of my family would try.  I made this for lunch on the 4th of July (I suppose I could have come up with a more festive recipe though).  I threw this together in the morning and it was ready for us to eat at lunch.  This was light and refreshing and super yummy.  I would definitely make this again...but next time I'll double the recipe. 

1-1/2 cups boiling water

1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
 Ice cubes
1 cup cold orange juice
1 can (8-1/2 oz.) fruit cocktail, drained
1 tub (8 oz.) cool whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. Stir into gelatin. Refrigerate 30 min. or until slightly thickened. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the gelatin; place in medium bowl. Stir in fruit; set aside.

Stir
half the cool whip into remaining gelatin with whisk until well blended. Pour into 8-inch square dish. Refrigerate 10 min. or until set but not firm. Carefully top with fruited gelatin.

Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment