Sunday, July 24, 2011

#325: Chickpea raisin salad


I had a helper in the kitchen this morning helping me make this side dish.  I thought having her help would encourage her to try it...and it did...she ate the raisins.  :)  It's a start!

This recipe from Real Simple literally took about 5 minutes to make.  I didn't love this, but I definitely liked this!  I could eat this as a side dish, but not as a main meal (like lunch) as I originally intended.  It is good though.


1 cup raisins

1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used raspberry blush vinegar)
2 teaspoons sugar
3 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
1 cup fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley leaves (I used a little cilantro and a little dried parsley)
4 scallions, thinly sliced (I used red onions)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
kosher salt and black pepper


1.In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, vinegar, and sugar and bring just to a simmer; remove from heat and let cool.


2.In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, cilantro, scallions, and raisin mixture with the oil, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment