Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,668: Chocolate Peanut Butter (Overnight) Chia Breakfast Pudding



Once before I tried making chia pudding and it didn't go very well, so I haven't really tried again since.  Well now was the time to try again, and I am SO glad I did.  I decided to make this "pudding" for breakfast and you know it's good when even your picky 6 year old likes it and asks that you make it for him for breakfast the next day!  YES!  I added a swirl of peanut butter and a few mini chocolate chips to the top right before I ate it...oh my goodness, so good!  

This recipe serves FOUR, so adjust accordingly if you want to make less! 

1/2 c chia seeds
1 1/2 c almond milk
1/4 cup chocolate protein powder (I personally used Young Living Pure Protein Complete)
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp agave (I omitted)
2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
Mini chocolate chips (optional)

Place the chia seeds, cocoa powder and protein into a mason jar and give it a swirl just to combine the ingredients. Add in the almond milk and agave. Put the lid on tight and shake until completely mixed. (You might need to get a spoon and really mix the bottom...mine stuck in places and didn't mix all the way).

Place the jar into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.


Remove from the fridge and separate chia pudding into 4 serving bowls and layer with peanut butter (and mini chocolate chips if using). 

No comments:

Post a Comment