Friday, July 13, 2018

#2,651: Instant Pot BBQ Ribs


So I am not a rib fan.   I never have been.  I don't like eating my food off a bone, and I don't like trying to get the meat off (you look silly with a knife and fork), and I hate getting my fingers so messy (I ate a piece of one rib and I had to wash my hands twice!).  My husband and middle child however DO like ribs.  So when there was a huge sale on ribs I figured I'd give this recipe a try. 

Let me say, these ribs are SOOOO easy to make.  
I THINK I used a half of a rack (is that how much is in the photo above) and it got maybe a dozen ribs out of it.  Maybe.  I don't know, I was enjoying eating the Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado and Bacon instead

My husband and middle child however LOVED these and Chloe even asked if I would make it for her birthday dinner....next year...in May.  :) I'd say that was a success.  Since we are not a big beer drinking family, I used root beer instead (It was cheaper to buy a bottle of root beer!).  Based on their reaction to this recipe, I will definitely be making this again...at least for those two! 

1 rack pork baby back ribs
1/4 cup smoked paprika
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
11 ounces beer or root beer 
1 cup BBQ Sauce

Remove ribs from packaging and dry well with paper towels. Cut into sections of 3 ribs and set aside.

Ignore the crazy, "I was just swimming" hair. 
This was her 5th rib!
In a small bowl whisk together smoked paprika, sugar, garlic salt, and onion powder.  Sprinkle all of the seasoning over the ribs and rub in with fingertips. Place ribs into your Instant Pot and pour entire bottle of beer or root beer over the ribs. Close lid and set the pot to cook for 25 minutes at high pressure.

When cooking time is up, allow pot to naturally release pressure most of the way (about 10 minutes) and then quick-release the rest.  (OK, I didn't know when "most of the way" was so I let it completely release naturally...which took 30 minutes).  

Remove ribs from pot and place on a baking sheet. Brush each piece with your favorite BBQ Sauce and place under the broiler until sauce is bubbly and starting to brown and caramelize-- about 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment