Friday, July 13, 2018

#2,650: Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado and Bacon (#2)

I spent a good chunk of my dinner making happy sounds as I ate this meal.  Oh how this recipe includes three of my favorite things...avocados, sweet potatoes, and bacon!  YES!  I was very happy that no one else in my family wanted to try this because I didn't have to share!  Their loss!  I'll probably be making this again tomorrow.  And maybe the next day!  :) 


4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean, peels on, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices (I just eyeballed it and cut it into thinner pieces)
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
I also added some diced red onion

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil (I didn't do this step, but just oiled my pan a little). Brush sheets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil each. 

Arrange the slices of sweet potatoes in a single layer on the oiled baking sheets, then brush tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil (I also did not do this additional oil step). Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown underneath. Remove the pans from the oven, flip the slices over, then roast for an additional 8 to 11 minutes, until golden on top.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Set aside.

Transfer the baked sweet potato slices to a serving plate. Top each with a dollop of the avocado mixture, chopped bacon, and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment