Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,666: Baked Broccoli Cheese Patties

So I made these easy broccoli cheese patties to eat for lunch one day (photo one), which I loved, but them decided to top them with taco meat, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, and a little cheese for dinner (more like tacos, picture 2) and they were even better!!  I can see using these as a vehicle for a bunch of different meat toppings.  Shredded beef or pot roast definitely come to mind!  I cooked my broccoli in the Instant Pot until it was tender, then I just threw it into my food processor to chop up the broccoli into small pieces.  So easy!  

2 cups broccoli florets cooked until soft (fresh or frozen)
2 egg whites
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a shredded cheddar)
1/4 cup almond flour
Pinch of salt
I also added some black pepper and garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper if desired (I did not!) 
Use a potato masher (or your food processor!) to break up the broccoli into small pieces. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Drop about 20 scoops onto the prepared baking sheet and press into a nugget/roundish shape. (I just grabbed a handful and smushed it into a ball-ish shape.  Then I flattened with my palm a little).   Bake for 20 min until firm and golden around the edges. (I flipped mine over once, about half way through).

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, could you see substituting the almond flour with something like a rice based flour? One gf kid and one nut free kid make the almond flour in my house rarely get used!!

    ReplyDelete