Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,663: Flourless (GF) Pumpkin Cookies

Ignore the weird orange color these cookies give off.  Yes they really do look like that, but I'll be a tiny bit honest...that makes me happy because that means the kids are actually going to get a veggie in them when they eat these!  :)  My kids love helping make no-bake oatmeal balls and ask to make them often.  I love that this is even easier because there's less ingredients and they don't make as much of a mess on their hands trying to form them.  

We really like these!  And if you freeze them to eat later, make sure you let them thaw first or pop them into the microwave for a few seconds, otherwise you won't even be able to bite into them! 

2 cups gluten free quick oats (or whatever oats you have on hand!)
1 cup pumpkin puree 
1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice (I used swerve sugar substitute)
Cinnamon (optional; I just sprinkled a little bit in)
Chocolate chips or nuts (optional, I threw in some mini chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin, cinnamon (if using), and granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add the chocolate chips or nuts if desired. 

I changed this step so my suggestion is next!  Using your hands, form into small balls and place on the baking tray and press each ball into a cookie shape. 
Forget that....that's too messy.  I used a cookie scoop and just portioned out mounds of dough.  Then I flattened with my hand at the end and just made sure each one was relatively compacted.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Remove and allow to cool completely.  You can store in a container up to a week (yeah right!), or just throw them in the freezer after they cool completely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment