Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,664: Instant Pot Popcorn

It's not too often that I post a recipe that I don't like.  And it's not that I didn't like this popcorn (I personally enjoyed it, although my family thought it was a bit of a chewier texture), I just don't think this is worth it!  I had A LOT of un-popped kernels in this and I even pulled out the popped pieces of popcorn and tried to let it keep going to get more of the kernels to pop.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so if you have great success making popcorn in the Instant Pot message me and give me some tips!!  This was the recipe I tried to follow.


1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
2-3 TBS coconut oil
1-2 TBS butter

Push the sauté button, then push 'adjust' to move the temperature control to 'more.'
When the pot display reads 'HOT,' add the butter and coconut oil. Stir for about one minute or until it begins to simmer.

Add popcorn kernels. Stir to ensure all pieces are coated in the butter-oil mixture.
Put the lid on the pot.  When the popping slows down, turn the pot to 'off.' Allow kernels to finish popping before removing lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment