Monday, July 9, 2018

#2,642: French Onion Dip Burgers

Don't judge this burger picture by the lack of topping ingredients on it!  I took this picture before one of my kids dove into it.  If this was my ideal burger pictured, it would have had lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, provolone cheese, all on a lightly toasted brioche bun!  :)  But the kids were eating so they could go to the pool, and I was trying to finish up dinner so I could go back to writing a paper!  I was impressed I got a picture of this dinner at all!  (And yes, I even made fresh baked oven fries that night too!)

When my family started eating these you could tell there was something different about this burger.  Usually I make my burgers with onion, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, garlic, and some seasonings, and they are much lighter in color than these.  So when my kids took a look at these burgers, my 9 year old asked if it was a new recipe (do they know me or what?!).  Overall we were pretty happy with these burgers.  I personally thought it was a tad salty, but no one else seemed to think so.  I would definitely make these burgers again...they were certainly easy!  Although most burger recipes are easy!  


I honestly don't know if there was a real recipe for this or not.  I saw a packet of french onion soup mix in my pantry and figured it could be added to some ground beef to make a burger.  I always like to add an egg to give it some moisture and I thought the water would cut down on the seasoning packet powder.  But I thought it was a bit too soft for the grill so I threw in a little bit of breadcrumbs to give it more binding. 

1 packet of french onion soup mix (like this kind...although I used a generic version) (next time I'll probably use 1/2 to 3/4 of a packet to cut down on the saltiness)
1 egg (I used just the yolk)

1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 lb ground beef
hamburger buns
desired burger toppings

In a bowl combine the ground beef, french onion dip mix, egg, water, and breadcrumbs.  Mix until just combined.  Preheat your grill over medium heat.  Form into patties and grill to desired done-ness.  Serve on a bun (or not!) with desired burger toppings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment