Wednesday, July 11, 2018

#2,643: Sweet Potato Nachos

I used this recipe as the basis for these Sweet Potato Nachos that I made for lunch for both the kids and I.  Don't let me fool you, their plate did NOT look this good.  I gave them everything in small piles/separately (they just ate sweet potatoes, taco meat, a little shredded cheese, and for some sour cream.  Baby steps!).  This was fabulous!  1 kid only liked it if the sweet potato was covered in taco meat.  1 kid liked it dipped in sour cream.  1 kid cried and spit it out. 

I loved these and think it's an awesome meal!  And have eaten it more than once.  The kids weren't as excited, but I'll keep trying to get them to enjoy sweet potatoes as much as I do!  You could totally adapt this to whatever meat/veggies/toppings you are in the mood for.  


Below is the recipe to make the sweet potato nachos.  I didn't add the directions for the toppings, so just add what you have on hand and/or love!

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat your oven to 425 F.  In a bowl, combine the sweet potato slices, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Mix everything until well combined.
Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, turning once. (I only needed to bake mine for 30 minutes and I was removing pieces as they were finished cooking since they were cooking a bit unevenly).  

When done top with desired toppings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment