Wednesday, July 18, 2018

#2,653: Cinnamon Zucchini Waffles

I was sure the zucchini in this batter would make these waffles a little too runny (even though I squeezed out a lot of the water), but it totally did not and my kids loved these.  What I also noticed was that my kids ate LESS waffles than they normally do because they were a bit more filling.  They liked them best with a little bit of syrup, but I liked them best with a little bit of peanut butter.  I'll definitely be making these again....soon!  

I also made mine with cassava flour to make them gluten free.  They still turned out great!  

1 medium zucchini
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 cups of cassava flour)
1/4 cup sugar (I used swerve sugar replacement)
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups almond milk (I used whole milk)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Turn on the waffle iron to a medium-high setting.

Grate the zucchini and transfer to a paper towel where you’ll squeeze out any additional moisture.  Really squeeze that water out!  I found it works best with just my hands and NOT a paper towel. 
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the almond milk, eggs, vanilla and zucchini and stir until combined.

Pour 1/2 cup of batter into your waffle iron, let cook until your preferred done-ness (mine took about 5 minutes each).

No comments:

Post a Comment