Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,662: Super Simple Banana Bread (gf optional)



You already know our family eats a lot of banana bread in this house, so I decided to use some sugar substitute and gluten free flour with this version.  My kids loved it.  I had to cut it into pieces and portion it out for a few days worth of breakfasts so that I didn't come downstairs one morning and find the whole thing was gone!  Personally this was a tiny bit dry for my liking, but with some butter or ghee on top, it was delicious!  The kids didn't complain about it either, so maybe it was just me!

I also loved that this was a one-bowl recipe!  Less clean up = less times my kids have to empty the dishwasher = less complaining!  

3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2- 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup of swerve sugar substitute)
1 egg, whisked with a fork
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour (I used gf flour)

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand until well incorporated
Pour into a greased bread pan.  Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (check at about 50 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment