Wednesday, July 11, 2018

#2,644: AIP Caesar Dressing


I tried a new homemade salad dressing recipe using avocado (and a little olive) oil.  It was super easy to make, but it called for an ingredient I don't use/have never bought/didn't have on hand...fish sauce.  Fish and I are generally not very friendly, and I made the huge mistake of smelling the sauce in the bottle.  (Yep, it smells fishy).  But I do like caesar dressing so I figured I'd still give this recipe a try.  Although it isn't as creamy as I had hoped, it was still very good!  Shocking, I know!  I halved the recipe and that shot glass size amount in the picture is what I had left after I poured my desired amount onto my salad.  So you could easily get 4-6 generous size servings out of the full recipe below. 

2/3 c avocado oil
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp fish sauce
2 medium cloves of garlic, peeled (I just used minced garlic)
1/4 tsp sea salt

1/4 tsp coarse black pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until whipped and creamy (mine never got creamy).  Store refrigerated in a jar, and shake to combine before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment