Monday, July 9, 2018

#2,638: Gluten Free Cinnamon Banana Bread

My mom had some very ripe bananas needing to be used up so I decided to try making some banana bread using gluten free flour for our family this weekend.  This was definitely an easy recipe to throw together, but it was a bit soft for my liking and deifnitly not very sweet (not that that's a bad thing though!).  To bump up the cinnamon taste to it, I added some cinnamon sugar to the top before I threw it in the oven, and it came out super crispy, but ended up turning into a more "wet"/moist texture as it sat overnight.  This got mixed reviews from my crew.  We didn't dislike it, but it isn't our favorite banana bread recipe we've ever made or tried.  It definitely is much healthier without the ton of sugar added like a traditional banana bread has.  I would make this again, but it won't be my "go-to" recipe. 


3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. maple syrup
2 eggs
1.25 cups mashed bananas (around 3 bananas)
1/4 cup nonfat milk (or nut milk)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1.75 cups white whole wheat flour (I used gluten free flour)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Beat together the oil, applesauce, honey, maple syrup, eggs, bananas, and milk. Once well combined, add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Then using a spoon, stir in the flour until just combined. 

Pour into a bread pan (I used a 9 x 5) sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and bread is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment