Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,665: Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies


I needed a recipe to take to book club a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd give these guys a try.  Let me tell you, I put some leftover ones in my freezer, and these are good frozen.  Don't tell my kids or they might try to start sneaking one every now and then.  These are super easy to make and I love the texture of the almond meal because it gives it a little bit of a crunch.  Definitely on my "make-again" list! Ok, I don't really have a make again list because it gives me an excuse to keep trying new recipes, but I WOULD make this again.  HA! 

1/2 cup softened salted butter (I used unsalted...it was all I had)
1/3 cup sweetener of choice (I used swerve sugar substitute)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350º F and spray two baking sheets with coconut oil baking spray. Set aside.

Using a stand mixer, beat together butter and sweetener. Add eggs one at a time, beating for one minute and scraping the bowl after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.

Add almond flour and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.

Use a cookie scoop to portion out 18 cookies, dividing them between the two prepared pans. (My scoop must be smaller because I got more like 3 dozen cookies!) It's alright if they're fairly close together because they won't spread much.

Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes (mine needed a good 10!), cool on pans for five minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment