Monday, July 30, 2018

#2,659: Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes

So the original intent was to throw the chicken on the grill.  But I was not in the mood to go out there so I changed plans last minute and decided to try this recipe instead.  It was SUPER easy to make, but my only complaint was that the original recipe said to brown the chicken and the potatoes in the Instant Pot on sautee setting but mine never would brown.  I don't know what the deal was!  So I threw mine under the broiler for a few minutes but I'm still not sure it really made any difference.  Taste-wise though, we really enjoyed this.  The chicken and potatoes were done in the same amount of time as the roasted broccoli so it was perfect! 


2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 1 lb)
2-3lbs. small golden potatoes (I used about 4 russet potatoes cut into cubes)
2 tbsp. butter (I used 1 tbsp)
Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. oregano (I just eye-balled a decent amount)
1/2 tsp. basil (I just eye-balled a decent amount)
1.4 tsp. rosemary (I just eye-balled a decent amount)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 c. chicken stock or broth (I used a little less than a cup)
Parmesan cheese

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in a bowl with oregano, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.

Halve the small potatoes and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until coated.

Turn your Instant Pot on and set to the saute setting. Saute garlic in 2 tbsp. of butter for a minute or two. Add in the chicken and saute to get some color on the chicken.  A few minutes later, add in the potatoes and saute a few more minutes to get some color on the potatoes as well. Pour in the chicken stock or broth.

Close the lid on your pressure cooker and set it to pressure cook manually for 10 minutes. When finished, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment