Wednesday, July 18, 2018

#2,654: Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Fries

I had a zucchini in my fridge calling out to me wanting to be eaten.  I was not in the mood for zucchini noodles, and I was way too lazy to make zucchini chips, so I figured I'd make some zucchini fries instead.  These were wonderful for lunch (or for a side dish!) and I was able to throw those in the over so quickly!  I'll certainly be making these again soon! 

2 medium zucchini
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I omitted)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (I omitted)
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat oven 425 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet. 

Cut ends off zucchini and cut into strips about 1/4 inch wide and 3 inches long,

In a large bowl combine, almond flour, flaxseed, nutritional yeast flakes, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder cayenne pepper, and salt.

I did not dip my zucchini in the non-dairy milk.  I just cut them into strip and threw them right into the bowl of the breading.  Dip zucchini strip into non-dairy milk then into the breading and place onto baking sheet. 

Bake for 25 minutes turning halfway or until lightly brown and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment