Saturday, March 29, 2014

#1,220: Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

I've been dying to make these cookie dough bites for weeks now.  I'm so glad I finally made them, they are so good, BUT they only make about 9 balls of cookies.  That's an expensive cookie considering it has raw cashews in it.  Would I make these again, probably not.  Am I going to thoroughly enjoy the ones I made, definitely!! 

2/3 c raw cashews
1/3 c oats (I used flax meal)
2 Tbsp Agave
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 c Chocolate Chips

 
Blend the cashews and oats in a food processor or high speed blender until they're a fine powder. Don't over-blend or you'll wind up with cashew butter very quickly.

Add the agave, maple, vanilla and blend until incorporated. Be careful to just blend in short bursts and only until combined; don't over-process. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.

Form into balls and serve. If dough is sticky, chilling it in the refrigerator or flash-chilling it in the freezer helps make it easier to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment