Sunday, March 9, 2014

#1,190: Honey Poppy Seed Fruit Salad

 
This is such an easy fruit salad recipe to make.  You could probably use just about any fruit you had on hand, but I used the ingredients suggested/listed below.  My kids loved this, and I took the leftovers and froze it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet, and then bagged up the extras (when frozen) to add to my smoothies during the week. This needs to be made just before serving because the fruit was pretty mushy within 24 hours of making this. 
 
Also, add the dressing a little at a time because I felt it was a little overpowering.  
 
2 medium firm bananas, chopped
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
5 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds

In a large bowl, combine the bananas and berries. In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment