Sunday, March 23, 2014

#1,211: Kale and Purple Cauliflower Salad


This recipe has been sitting on my Pinterest board for about 6 months now.  I never could convince myself it was worth the money to get purple cauliflower (even though I do love anything purple!).  So today I finally decided it was time to try this recipe and get it off my Pinterest Board (once I try a recipe it gets deleted). 

I wasn't a super huge fan of the
recipe made exactly as described.  In my opinion the cauliflower was way too tough, but if you like raw cauliflower you might like it that way.  I had to add a little bit of water to steam my veggies and get them a tad softer.  Then it was much more to my liking!  And I may have added a tiny bit of chopped bacon....maybe.

This was very good and a certain 2 year old kept sneaking it off my plate!  I pretend that it bothers me but actually I'm so excited he's eating his veggies I don't care!  I will definitely make this recipe again.


About 4 cups roughly chopped kale, rinsed and lightly shaken dry
2 cups of purple cauliflower, broken into florets and sliced in half as desired
2 cups of white cauliflower, thinly sliced into bite size pieces
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

In a very large cold skillet, place the oil and the garlic. Set heat to medium high and saute until fragrant, add the cauliflower and toss to coat well. Cook for 3-4 minutes, just until barely tender. Add the kale and toss quickly to coat with oil and garlic. The kale should cook and start to wilt within just a few minutes, due to being slightly damp. Season generously with salt and pepper as it cooks.

Remove from the heat while still a bit crisp. Serve warm or let cool to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment