Wednesday, March 12, 2014

#1,195: Green Breakfast Smoothie

Here is another super healthy, green smoothie recipe just in time for St. Patrick's Day.  I enjoyed this smoothie and so did Allison (7), but I didn't love this enough to want to make it again the next day.  Part of that might be due to the large number of ingredients.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a hard recipe at all, but in my rush to get out the door as fast as possible each morning, this has a few too many ingredients for me.  It was good though.

1 cup orange juice
1 banana
1 avocado
3 almond milk ice cubes (I used about 1/2 c unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
1 handful baby spinach
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 tbsp bee pollen (I omitted)
1/2 tsp spirulina powder

Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment