Monday, March 17, 2014

#1,204: Knock-off Irish Nachos

Our local restaurant/pub posted that they were serving Irish Nachos this weekend in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  Of course I had to get them as they sounded delicious!  And they were...except for the insane amount of processed cheese covering the entire thing.  (The picture of the restaurant nachos are below). Then my friend Denise challenged me to make my own version of them...and paleo at that!  So I did (almost).  I couldn't let a challenge go by, especially one that I thought I could pull off.  LOL
Here is the restaurant version:
"Fresh made pub chips, cheese sauce, corned beef, sauerkraut and a side of 1000 island dressing." See all that cheese on it.  Delicious and gross at the same time.  There was SO much cheese. 

Here's my version:
Baked sweet potato chips, little bit of shredded swiss cheese, cooked and chopped up corned beef, canned sauerkraut (drained), and a tiny bit of thousand island dressing.

The worst part of this recipe was the baked sweet potato chips.  They took FOREVER to bake in the oven (about 2 hours).  Oh my goodness this was SO good though.  I ate it for lunch AND dinner.  I'll probably eat it again tomorrow but I'm out of baked sweet potato chips.  Now I have to decide if I want to make more, eat it in a baked sweet potato (instead of in chip form) or if I should just go buy some sweet potato chips from the grocery store. Decisions, decisions!!)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment