Thursday, March 20, 2014

#1,206: Crockpot Meatballs Recipe #2


After last week's crockpot meatballs which we ate as meatball subs, the family enjoyed it so much I decided to make them again.  Of course that gave me another opportunity to try it with a different meatball recipe this time.  (I'm sure my mom and aunt want to kill me for making anything other than our family meatballs!)  These were really good too.  This time we ate them for two meals: once w/spaghetti and meatballs and then leftovers with meatball subs.

I found this recipe somewhere on pinterest and it doesn't link back to an actual website, so I'm not sure who to give credit to.  Here's the recipe though:

1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c grated parmesan
1 c panko or breadcrumbs
1/2 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
1/4 c fresh basil (I used about 1 tbsp. dried)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

I mixed everything together and formed it into golfball size meatballs.  I placed it on wax paper lined cookie sheet and froze them.  Then, when ready to cook, I put the frozen meatballs into some homemade spaghetti sauce and cooked them in the crockpot for about 5 hours on low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment