Saturday, March 29, 2014

#1,219: Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip-Brownie Cake

I made this super easy brownie/cake recipe for a family gathering with my in-laws.  It took a LONG time to cook and it cooked so long, I think I really over cooked this.  It was still very good though.  It is definitely best served with ice cream.  I cooked this so long it was very much cake-like texture.  If I would have cooked this for the desired time it would have been very undercooked.  I think this is supposed to be a very soft texture and not so much like a cake.  It would be good that way but not cake-like. 
 
1 box fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs
1 pouch chocolate chip cookie mix
vanilla ice cream, as desired
Spray a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker with baking spray with flour.  In large bowl, mix brownie mix with 1/4 cup of the melted butter and 2 of the eggs.

In another large bowl, mix chocolate chip cookie mix, remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and remaining 2 eggs. 
Drop alternate spoonfuls of the brownie and chocolate chip cookie batters into slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until cake is set in center. To serve, spoon cake from slow cooker, and top with scoops of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment