Sunday, March 23, 2014

#1,210; Ruby Red Grapefruit-Pineapple Punch


I accidentally bought some grapefruit juice for a different recipe (which we don't drink) so I needed a recipe I could use it in.  Two days later, this recipe shows up in my Cooking Club magazine, so I knew it was meant to be!  The kids and I really, really liked this juice.  And personally, I think it's awesome with some rum added to it.  :)

I also think this would be very good served frozen, then crushed to be a "slushie" and added some seltzer water or Sprite on top of it.  This is a very versatile recipe and I am loving it...and loving that the kids are drinking something other than apple, grape or orange juice. 


1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup water
4 cups pineapple juice
3 cups ruby-red grapefruit juice
2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice

Puree strawberries and water in blender until smooth; place in large bowl. Stir in all
remaining ingredients. Transfer to a large pitcher or serving container; add ice and
garnish with fresh fruit if desired (sliced limes and oranges, fresh pineapple chunks, fresh strawberries, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment