Wednesday, March 12, 2014

#1,196: Virgin Sangria

Yesterday it was 61degrees outside.  I had the windows open, we played in the backyard on the swing set for the first time in months, and we grilled hamburgers for dinner.  This morning it's a snow day and it's been lightly snowing all day.  It is 7 days until spring.  It's time for this winter weather to be done!!  So in hopes of warm weather, I made some virgin sangria.  I would have made it non-virgin, but I'm home with Allison and it probably isn't a good idea to start drinking....yet.  Since this is non-alcoholic Allison enjoyed some too and loved it.  It is sweet though so I think I might add some more sparking water to it.  Although it sure is good as is!!

1 apple
2 limes, washed
2 lemons, washed
1 orange
3/4 cup apple juice concentrate (I think apple juice or cider would be fine too!!)
3 cups grape juice (I used cran-grape)
1 3/4 cups sparkling water or club soda
Core the apple and cut it into 8-12 slices. Place the slices in a serving pitcher. Slice the lime, lemon (seed it), and orange and place them in the in pitcher. Juice another lime and lemon and add the juice to the pitcher. Add the apple juice concentrate and grape juice. Chill until ready to serve. Immediately before serving, add the sparkling water or club soda and serve over ice, trying to get some of the fruit into each glass. Serves 4-6.

PS....I know this is NON-alcoholic but bookmarked under "alcoholic beverages."  No need to email me and tell me of my mistake, I plan on using wine instead of grape juice next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment