Sunday, December 6, 2015

#1,692: Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins


I had high hopes for this recipe, but once they came out of the oven, I was sure my kids were going to hate these. I almost threw them out right away.  But I put them in the fridge and gave them to my kids the next morning,  To my happy surprise, they liked them!  All 3 of them liked them!  Seriously?!  Sometimes I cannot predict what they will like.  Are these the best muffins we've ever had?  No.  But for a low sugar, healthy alternative to breakfast, I'm glad they liked these and I would make these again. 

3/4 cup gluten free plain flour
3/4 cup buckwheat flour or gluten free oat flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup egg whites or 2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree 
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (my applesauce had some sugar in it, so I omitted the honey below)
1/4 C-1/2 C honey (I omitted)
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
In a bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, spices and a pinch of salt.

Combine your egg choice with the pumpkin puree, applesauce, honey and vanilla.
Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.


Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on size, until a skewer removes clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment