Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1,728: Simple Pull Apart Rolls (made even easier!)

I found this recipe for simple pull apart rolls that require you to make your dough from scratch with yeast.  I had some frozen bread dough in my freezer from our recent Christmas morning cinnamon roll breakfast, so I figured I'd just use that instead.

All I had to do was let the dough rise on my counter all day and then bake until they were lightly golden.  Then I melted some butter and added some minced garlic and parmesan cheese to the bowl.  I then brusehed the tops of the rolls and then put them back into the oven until they were golden brown (and let them get all toasty and flavored!)  My family ate all of these up with our dinner.  I will definitely make this again...and use frozen bread dough...it was so much easier!!


Below is the original recipe if you prefer making your rolls from scratch.  
3/4 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. boiling water
1 T. + 1 t. yeast (or 2 packets)
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
7 – 8 c. flour

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter or margarine with the sugar until creamy. Add the boiling water and mix to combine. Cool to room temperature.

While that cools, dissolve yeast in 1 c. warm water. Add to mixing bowl along with the eggs. Mix well.  Stir in the salt, baking powder, baking soda and 5 1/2 c. flour until combined.
3. Working with 1/2 c. at a time, add remaining flour until dough comes together. It’s okay if the dough is still a little sticky. Knead on a floured surface for about 8 minutes.

Roll the dough into evenly shaped balls, about the size of a golf ball and place into 3 round cake pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 2 hours.


Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment