Sunday, December 6, 2015

#1,700: Cannellini and Sausage Soup

Although I think this soup is a tad too salty, it was quick, and it's overall healthy and I do enjoy the flavors of this.  I think the sausage contributed to the saltiness of this dish, so using a different sausage might have helped me.  

12 ounces beef summer or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I used chicken and cheese sausage)
4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage (I used kale)
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large saucepan, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender and flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment