Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1,732: Italian Chicken and Potatoes


So I completely intended to make this with the green beans as the recipe below suggests, but I needed to get this in the pan and get out the door fast so I didn't have time to trim them.  Instead I just omitted the green beans altogether and just did the chicken and the potatoes.  As you can see from above, I used fingerling potatoes instead of russet and just left them whole (time saver!).  I literally had this dinner in the oven in 5 minute!!

Overall my family thought this was ok.  Brian and I both enjoyed it but the kids weren't huge fans.  Don't take their opinion on this dish though as my kids aren't big meat eaters (they eat just a few pieces of what I make each night).  I will definitely make this again...it was so simple!

4 medium potatoes, cut (I used fingerling and left them whole)
2 c. fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut (I omitted only b/c I made this last minute)
1 lb chicken breasts
1/2 c. butter (I used olive oil and coated each chicken breast and then drizzled over the potatoes)
1 package Italian dressing mix (I used about half the package since I didn't have the green beans to coat)

Cut green beans up. Line one side of the pan with green beans.  Cut potatoes up. Line opposite side of pan with the potatoes.  Line the chicken breasts down the middle of the baking dish.

Cut butter up and layer over the green beans, potatoes and chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan. Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment