Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#1,719: Cinnamon Walnut Apple Salad



I really thought my kids were going to like this recipe, but none of them were big fans. I have to admit, I didn't go crazy for it either.  They kind of ate it when I didn't have any walnuts in it (as pictured above) but as soon as the nuts went in, they liked it even less.  I added some pomegranate arils to give it more crunch similar to the walnuts, but it didn't make it any more appealing to them.  Bummer...but we won't be making this one again. 

3-4 large apples
2 bananas (I omitted and added some pomegranate arils)
Red or green grapes, halved 
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tsp. maple syrup (I used honey)
¼ tsp. vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts
Cinnamon to taste

Mix yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla in small bowl. Chop walnuts. Set aside.
Chop apples and place into a large serving bowl.  Sprinkle apples with a few shakes of cinnamon, to taste.  Pour yogurt mixture onto apples and stir to combine.

Cut up bananas into pieces on top of apples. Add chopped walnuts and grapes, if using, to bowl and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment