Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#1,717: Hawaiian Snowball Salad

When we went to the library a little while ago, Allison picked out a Christmas themed cookbook and asked to make a recipe from it.  This is the recipe that she picked out and made on her own (with a little help from mom with cutting the apples to try and make the cuts a little more even).  

So since Allison made this one, I'm going to let her review it: "It was good and it simple to make and we had all of the ingredients to make it.  It had a nice flavor even though I don't like coconut, I still liked it.  My brother and sister didn't like it, but I did.  I'd make it again.  Next time I'd add more apples and less coconut."

2 apples, diced
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 c mini marshmallows
1/2 c shredded coconut
8 oz vanilla low-fat yogurt
1/4 c low-fat mayo
1/4 tsp sugar

Place the apples in a bowl and pour lemon juice over it.  Mix gently and set aside.

In a small bowl combine yogurt, mayo and sugar.  Pour over the apples.  Add the marshmallows and coconut to the apple/mayo mixture and gently stir to combine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment