Sunday, December 6, 2015

#1,693: Slow Cook Mediterranean Pork Chops

I thew this recipe together and took it to school with me to keep an eye on it while it cooked all day in my crockpot.  I love my crockpot but hate when I get home and it really could have used a good stir or two throughout the day.  This smelled SO good as it cooked and I got a lot of compliments and questions about what I was making.  These pork chops are DELICIOUS!  Because I used thin cut, they fell apart and were super tender.  These will definitely be on our menu again soon.  SO good!  

PS...for my pork chops, I only used HALF of the seasonings, so I saved the other half for the next time we make this meal. 
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 thick cut boneless pork chops (I used 7 thin cut, boneless pork chops)
salt and pepper to taste


In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, oregano, and basil. Pour into the slow cooker. Cut small slits in each pork chop with the tip of a knife, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place pork chops into the slow cooker, cover, and cook on High for 4 hours. Baste periodically with the sauce.

2 comments: