Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#1,722: Strawberry Dreamsicle Salad

The original recipe for this was to make with orange jello and mandarin oranges, but I am NOT a fan of mandarin oranges.  So I substituted strawberry jello and fruit instead.  I originally planned on using fresh strawberries but they are obviously not in season, expensive and don't look great this time of year.  So I just used frozen strawberries and sliced them while still frozen so they would hold their shape better.  This was actually really good.  My kids loved this, and I thought it was pretty good as well!  I made it for Christmas Eve dinner...hopefully my family enjoys it as much as we do so far. 

1 sm. box (4 serv. size/.3 oz pkg) sugar-free strawberry jello
1 sm. box (4 serv. size/1 oz pkg) sugar free instant vanilla pudding
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced (I used frozen strawberries and put them in my food processor with the thickest disk to slice them) 
1 - 8 oz tub fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed

Dissolve jello in 1 c. boiling water. Add 1/2 c. cold water; let set in fridge for 20 minutes.  With mixer or whisk, add dry vanilla pudding mix to jello and beat until smooth. Fold in strawberries and whipped topping (by hand). Refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment