Sunday, December 6, 2015

#1,694: Asian Style Lettuce Wraps



I was running out of lunches for myself for the week and wanted/needed something I could quickly throw together one night.  I decided to give this recipe a try and it was just what I wanted and needed.  This came together very quickly and I loved the flavors of it all.  I enjoyed this as lettuce wraps and over some roasted veggies.  Either way was good.  

1/2 Tbsp Avocado oil, or Olive oil
1/2 Red Onion, diced small
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 red chili pepper, minced
2 cups Fresh Mushrooms, diced small
1 lb Lean Ground Chicken Breast (I used ground turkey)
3 Tbsp liquid aminos
Juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime
Butter Lettuce Leaves
Grape tomatoes, halved (I added petite diced tomatoes to my meat mixture)
Avocado, sliced or diced
Purple Cabbage, shredded (I used shredded coleslaw mix)
Cilantro Leaves

In large frying pan, over medium heat, heat cooking oil, sauté onion, garlic, chile, and mushrooms. About 3-4 minutes. Set aside.

In same pan, brown ground chicken, drain grease. Add previously sautéed veggies back in, along with the liquid aminos, and fresh lime. Toss and stir to warm.

Fill lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, top with remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment