Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1,734: Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread

That does look good doesn't it!?  I made these for my kids this morning since it's Christmas break and they ate the entire pan, they didn't even leave any for their dad!!  At first he was upset that we didn't save him any, but then he realized that we had Nutella mixed into it and he didn't care anymore.  Even though I think he would have totally loved these if he was open minded enough to try them.  

Since my chocolate spread doesn't seem to spread easily (I swear I would have used the entire jar with this recipe), I decided to put a huge spoonful in the microwave to thin it out and make it easier to spread.  It worked well doing that and I definitely think I used less that way.  

This was another huge hit of a recipe in our house and I would definitely make these again.  The hardest (IMPOSSIBLE) part of this recipe it to try to cut each biscuit lengthwise in THIRDS.  NOT POSSIBLE.  I cut each one in half and that was hard enough not to smash them all. 

1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (not flakey)
Chocolate spread (such as Nutella, Chocolate Peanut Butter, or any similar product)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.  

Unroll the tube of Cinnamon Rolls carefully. If they split, just press them back together. Separate the rolls. Slice each into three thin slices, lengthwise (like you'd cut a sandwich roll).  (I cut each one in half) 

Sandwich the slices together with chocolate spread, forming a loaf. Do not spread any chocolate on the outside of the two ends. Place the loaf in the pan. Bake for 24-28 minutes until golden brown. Place the frosting cup that comes with the rolls on the stove while the loaf is baking to melt it (or in the microwave for a few seconds), then pour it over the warm bread. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment