Friday, December 11, 2015

#1,703: Asian Chicken Salad

So this recipe was supposed to be wrapped up in a thinly sliced piece of cucumber, but I don't love cucumber that much to take my time to make it that way.  The closest I would have gotten was to eat it in a raw bell pepper or lettuce leaf.  But I was in a mood for a sandwich, so I pulled out some pieces of Ezekiel bread from my freezer and toasted it up.  This is DELICIOUS!  I ate it for dinner two nights in a row and I will most likely make a batch of it again tomorrow for lunch.  Love, love, love!

For the Ginger Marmalade Dressing:
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp orange marmalade (I used the juice of 1 orange)
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lime juice
½ tsp kosher salt

For the Chopped Asian Chicken Salad:
1 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper
1 cup carrot, diced
1 cup red cabbage, diced (I omitted)
6 medium green onion, thinly sliced, white and green parts (I used red onion)
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken breast (I used canned chicken)
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped (I omitted)

For the Ginger-Marmalade Dressing:
Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.

For the Chopped Asian Chicken Salad:
Combine all salad ingredients, except peanuts, in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Drizzle with ½ cup of the dressing and toss to coat veggies and chicken with the dressing.
Transfer to a serving platter or divide between 4 dinner-size plates. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and pass extra dressing at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment