Saturday, December 12, 2015

#1,708: Cinnamon roll french toast bake

This recipe got rave reviews from my crew.  I halved the recipe and only used about 2/3 of the egg mixture because I didn't want this to get too soggy on the bottom.  My family loved this and devoured the 8x8 pan that I made.  Next time I'll probably have to make the full recipe!  I also omitted most of the syrup because who needs that much sugar?!?!  I added the syrup (about 1 tsp) to the egg mixture so the flavor would be incorporated throughout.  So simple to make and really delicious!

2 packages of cinnamon rolls
1/4 cup butter (I omitted and sprayed the baking dish pan with non stick spray)
5 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (I used coconut creamer from Trader Joes (shhh don’t tell my family, but I personally think any milk is ok if you don’t have HWC)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup maple syrup (I personally think it doesn’t need this much!!!)
1 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)

(I omitted this step and just sprayed the bottom with non-stick spray) Melt butter and spread in a 9 x 13 pan.

Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 6-8 pieces.  Spread in pan.  Save the icing to use later.

Beat eggs together completely in bowl.  Then add the cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix thoroughly (I added a little bit of syrup at this step too).  Pour over the cinnamon roll pieces.

(I omitted this step): Drizzle syrup all over and Sprinkle chopped pecans on top. 
Bake at 375 degrees for about 22-28 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool for about 15 minutes.


Pour the reserved icing all over the top of the baked cinnamon rolls and spread slightly if it is too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment