Saturday, December 12, 2015

#1,705: Slow Cook Paleo Apple Crisp

This is my new favorite breakfast AND dessert!  I eat this warmed up for breakfast (as is) and I've been eating it warmed up over some light chocolate ice cream for dessert.  Both are wonderful.  I've made it twice already and plan to make it again for breakfasts this week too.

Below is the recipe to make it more like an actual crumble or crisp with the oats type mixture on top.  I'm too lazy to do all that so I literally throw it all in a crockpot and stir to combine it all together!

4 apples -variety of your choice
1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup  slivered almonds
1 tbsp cinnamon, or add as much to your liking
2 tbsp clarified butter (I used a little coconut oil)
honey – for drizzling (I omitted)


Peel (I left the skin on!!), core, and chop apples into cubes. Place in bottom of slow cooker and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix the almond flour, slivered almonds, coconut, and 2 tbsp cinnamon together until mixed well. Add butter to mixture and blend together until it becomes crumbly. Top the apples with the cinnamon mixture and slow cook for 2-3 hours. Scoop out apples and the crumble topping and place on a plate. Drizzle with honey if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment