Sunday, December 6, 2015

1, 696: Sesame Grilled Sweet Potatoes



This may be my new favorite addiction.  Although this isn't grilling season (technically!) it is sweet potato season and I love the flavor of these babies.  I very lightly drizzle the sesame oil on it and it gives it such a nice earthy, nutty flavor.  I think I've made this 3 times already and I have 4 sweet potatoes on my counter waiting to be used at some point this week!!  Apparently I pinned this recipe FOUR years ago...way too long to wait to try this one.  

1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 tablespoon canola oil (I used olive oil)
kosher salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (I used slivered almonds)

Heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the canola oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

Grill the potatoes, covered, until tender and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Drizzle with the toasted sesame oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment