Friday, December 11, 2015

#1,704: Honey Chipotle BBQ Sandwiches

So this recipe was created by accident!  I was actually trying to make shredded pork tacos and didn't realize that I threw a pound of frozen raw ground turkey into the crockpot instead of a pork loin.  I know...how can you mix up those two?!?!  But I had apparently mislabeled the bag and actually thought "that doesn't look right" when I put it in, but in a rush to get out the door, I figured I must be mistaken and went on with my day.  Until I came home and tried to shred the "pork" with 2 forks and it wouldn't shred.  I knew immediately what was wrong.  So I chopped up the now cooked brick of ground turkey and added about 1/3 bottle of BBQ sauce and served in on rolls.  I was afraid my family would hate this recipe but very happily, we LOVED it.  Shocking!!


1 lb ground turkey or beef, cooked and crumbled
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoons ground coriander
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chipotle chile powder
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup orange juice (about 2 oranges, or you can use bottled)
Pinch of cinnamon
About 1/3 bottle bbq sauce (any you prefer)
Small rolls

In a crockpot place all of the ingredients into the crockpot EXCEPT the rolls, and stir to combine.  (Yes I put my meat in raw this last time, but personally I probably would cook it ahead of time next time).

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2 hours.  Serve on rolls.  




No comments:

Post a Comment