Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#1,720: Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes



I know for sure, that I've made this recipe before, but when I found it still on one of my Pinterest boards I realized I never blogged about it.  So I decided to make it again so I could post it and get it off my main dish board!  My family likes this recipe.  They don't go ga-ga over it, but they all eat it.  I like it as soon as it comes out of the oven, but am not a fan of this leftover/reheated.  It was definitely good as our dinner that night though!  It's so simple too,  I love that you can mix it all together in a pan and then bake it on the same pan.  It makes clean up easy too.  

1/4 cup olive oil
2 lemons--1 zested and juiced and 1 thinly sliced (I omitted the second sliced lemon)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces)
4 sprigs fresh rosemary

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard and garlic; season the dressing with salt and pepper.

On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, chicken, rosemary and sliced lemon with the dressing; season. Arrange the potato mixture and chicken, skin side up, in a single layer.
Roast, turning the potatoes once, until the potatoes are golden-brown and tender and the chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment