Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1,733: Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oatmeal




Oh my goodness, is this chocolaty goodness a wonderful way to start your day!  I made these at lunch time one day and then didn’t eat it until close to 24 hours later.  It was so good and this will be a wonderful, quick breakfast for me next week when we go back to school after winter break.  It would be a great dessert too since it’s so chocolaty. 

This is for 2 servings: 
1 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or low fat milk of choice)
1/2 cup Plain low fat Greek yogurt (or mashed banana, or pumpkin) (I used pumpkin)
2 tbs Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp Salt
2 tbs sweetener (or to taste) (honey, stevia, sugar, etc.)
1 cup Old fashioned oats
1/4 cup Protein powder (or additional oats) (I used chocolate protein powder)

In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Divide between 2 small bowls, mugs, or mason jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour (or more) so the oats soften and absorb the liquid). Top with chopped nuts or topping of choice if desired! Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds to enjoy warm!

Update: I have been making this for months now, and have omitted the salt, cocoa powder, and extra sweetener. I pretty much just add the almond (I use cashew) milk, pumpkin (if I have it on hand), oats and a little protein powder.  I also add about 1-2 tbsp of trail mix (or chocolate chips) as well.  Mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge until you are ready to eat.  I usually make 2 servings at a time so I don't have to think about breakfast everyday.  Grab is go is the only way I can get breakfast in.  Plus, this is so filling.  I rarely need a snack if I eat this for breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment