Thursday, December 31, 2015

#1,735: Baked pumpkin oatmeal cups


Oh my gosh, these were seriously so good, I'm still thinking about them in my freezer and thinking I will eat them for breakfast again tomorrow!  These are going to make a wonderful, healthy, and quick breakfast when winter break is over!  

5 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana (I used canned pumpkin)
1 tsp salt
5 stevia packets
optional: 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I omitted)
2 2/3 cups water
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut or veg oil
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc. (I added some shredded coconut and some cranberry trail mix)


Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well.

In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana (pumpkin)). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. (If you let them cool overnight, they’ll no longer stick to the liners.) These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment