Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#1,730: Fall Apart Crockpot Pork Chops

It's a freezer cooking day here on this day off from school, so I figured I'd make something super simple for dinner for us tonight.  This recipe suggests cooking the pork chops covered with foil in the oven for 3 1/2 hours, but why do that when you can let your crockpot do it all instead?!?!  

This got mixed reviews from my crew...Brian and I both ate/enjoyed this, but neither of us wanted the leftovers (not a good sign with us).  The kids thought it was just ok or they didn't like it.  Would I make this again, yes.  Would my family be jumping up and down for it, no.  It was definitely easy though and a great last minute meal idea.  My family just wasn't thrilled, although like I said, it wasn't bad! 

6 bone-in pork chops (I used thin cut, boneless)
garlic salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce


Season the pork chops on both sides with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Place the pork chops in the crockpot.  Pour the sauce over the chops making sure all of them are covered in sauce.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment