Saturday, January 1, 2011

#136: Crunchy Chicken Balls

I had some leftover cooked chicken from my freezer cooking day, so I quickly searched for a recipe that I could make to use up the chicken.  I was hoping to find a main course recipe but since I was limited to the ingredients I had on hand, this was the recipe I decided to try.  I thought I would hate this...I didn't love it, yet I couldn't stop eating them.  I think it was the pecans...they're addicting!  These are weird.  People are either going to love them or hate them.

1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup minced green onions (I omitted)
1/2 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or chopped fresh parsley (I used pecans)


Directions
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Roll in pecans or parsley. Cover and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment